Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Puked At OSCARS???


Sometimes I wonder that Oscars are as rigged as cricket match fixing scandals... the ones I find a huge deal of similarity mainly cause the ones you suspect to be rigged are not exciting, everyone seems to be acting their parts and just wanting to go back to their rooms to sleep.

Filmfares are a bit different than these, they at least have a public opinion for a certain extent and cause of those, they at least don’t pick movies like ‘Hamar Lugaai Tohar Bahujaai’.

I just can’t comprehend how does the Oscars Academy come up with the nominations. Yeah, they are the best 99% of the time but, what happens for the 1% time is I dunno.. This time it seemed that 1% had surfaced again. Now you do the math. I have seen just one movie of those nominated for the Best Movie. Courtesy Torrents of course and I am sure at least one move of the lot ‘Must be better than No Country For Old Men’ I emphasize must be cause nominations are supposed to be technical masterpieces and this movie is par brilliance. The editing is slick, thrilling, enchanting, direction is on the point and keeps you on edge throughout the whole movie. Javier Bardem as a cold blooded psychopathic killer with iron principles is just perfect, the characters are perfect I would give the movie 9/10 on technical basis but, somewhere through the movie, I did not justify it receiving an Oscar.

Now call that an Indian effect, I have been grown up watching movies with heavy storyline, awesome script (you can laugh on that) and a lotta emotion... Its different that my favorites have shifted from Hindi to English. Maybe coz I was a bit saturated watching the same old routine but, no matter how much I resent, these outlines are embedded within and hence, a recall is based on those lines.

I decided to watch the movie cause it received an Oscar in the first place and have judged it with that POV, forgive me if I get too tangential in my views but, I will do so using my logic.. Viewers may and I am sure, will have a different view other than this.

A lot of time.. 2hrs 10 mins (Indian way of describing a movie duration) or 130 mins to emphasize that old men are not capable of handling a torn apart country and eventually give up… (Politicians of India are an exception though) is just too much. You leave the theatre (The PC in my case) high and dry.. I had questions like why did Josh Brolin go back to that site in the first place even after having all that money? And why during the night?

Well whatever, I did not watch the other movies and cannot be sure that there are/is any better of the lot. But, I am disappointed that an Oscar went to a movie that failed to convince me.

No comments: