Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Better Than America


Students taking GMAT / TOEFL / IELTS rose by more than 30% this year with a majority of them choosing USA as their prime destination. Now, facts are simple.. many go with the hope of settling there and getting rich, and then planning to return to their motherland (no reference to MNS and hypocrite Bachchan here) when their balls cease their prime function i.e. to produce their fertility cells.

Well, cant blame them or can we? Call it greed or call it plain disgust for their surroundings developed due to their non ability to blend in the filth around.. both social as well as physical but, they are attracted to the richest country in the world. Partly attracted to the cheap beer there and partly attracted to the ability to make love in the open surroundings without interference.

Well, if you as reader are playing a part in the brain-drain of India I suggest you re-think your strategies. USA as a country is financially the most weakest in the world filled with blood sucking leeches around every nook and corner.. Well, I held that view some time back till I came across this movie 'SICKO' by Michael Moore. I held myself guilty for this view. My my.. how wrong was I? USA is not so bad.. USA is not full of blood sucking leeches. It has a few good people like George Bush, Bill Clinton, Robert E. Lee, etc. who are there to attract immigrants and eviscerate the very basis of existence of humanity in the garb of democracy. Yeah they may seem angelic 'guy next door' type fellas but, I tell ya, they are a lot more.. Did you know, one of these even had a huge contribution in blowing up Iraq and crippling its society to find oil, luckily, he chose the wrong country and blamed the terrorists for this act. No, I am not gonna tell you his name.. do your homework.

Now, concentrating to more national issues than international ones.. We are Indians you see, the 'Moti Chamdi' type people.. translates to 'Thick Skinned' type people. We dont give an earthworm to the journalistic pee we are subjected to these days. They talk about China and its problems with Tibet and Dalai Lama. Journalism was busy making love with Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton (who is incidentally and convincingly shown to be a corrupt politician in the foresaid movie) when there was a severe clamp-down on free speech and transparency for the last 6 years or so. Well, they were making love and I dont see a better activity than that.

So, if you are seriously considering the 'Abroad Education' option, please watch this movie.. Please as I may repeat cause you are my fellow Indians and 'All Indians are my brothers and sisters (except those whom I elope with)'. That was my pledge which I took every day except Sundays, summer holidays, public holidays and semester ending holidays and I am staying true to my pledge. Fellow brethren, please as frightened souls, I donot recommend USA for any type of excursion. There are better avenues for education, business, love, beer, cinematography, etc. Also, there is atleast some type of security from trigger happy citizens who religiously find educational campuses as perfect spots to practice their shots.

Please watch the movie. Beg, Borrow, Steal.. Even if you are not planning to 'visit' USA, atleast you will find solace in the corruption of India where you get your job done in a few hundred rupees worth buttering. Its affordable guys. Feel blessed that you live in a country whose population does not care whether trains are blasted or not, whether the city drowns or not but cares how to get back home.. and will get back home even if it means going through a swarm of corpses, swim or rather wade through miles of sunken tracks.. After all, its Home Sweet Home!

Oh, you will also start respecting Cuba a lot more than any football club you admire and respect and will want to procure your fever/cold medication from there. Dont blame me if you ever get caught.

No comments: