Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Demon In The CORPORATE ARENA!

Another boring day in Corporate Training. I wonder why do companies even bother to give long training periods when you are left with no one to get trained by. Heck, even a 4 mbps internet connection, a desk phone equipped with long-distance calls, a kick ass computer at your desk capable of a lotta recent games, all for your use but restrained by the thought that I am on a training schedule and cannot be caught dead even thinking about using these things for the next three months… So near yet so far…

Corporate glitches you can call these but they don’t realize that they need to hide the coffee machine cause someone has spent 3 whole months just to lose a lotta weight and that endless free coffee consumption is gonna nullify all that effort. I promise myself to get my PSP to work just in case I will get a chance to use it.

Evening questions based on the training throughout the day are boring as hell too. Now, what do I know what BQP or AOF or OM or other greek words stand for unless they are told to me?? Sometimes I feel bad that the days of the Dungeons & Dragons are over. If they were still there, I would had surely booked a cell a cell for him there till eternity.

Its amazing how time plays games with your mind.. esp during training periods..
e.g. I think of something, look at my watch, its 10:15 am. Then, I try something else, chat with fellas, drink water and then check the watch again. Its 10:15 am.
Conclusion: The watch is broken.
I look at the office clock. Its 10:15 am.
Conclusion: The office clock is broken.
Then, I suddenly spot the receptionist lurking around. I go and have a chat with her for about two minutes. I check my watch. Its 10:45 am. I check the office clock. Its 10:45 am.
Conclusion: Fuck the conclusion, bloody Einstein’s Theory Of Relativity came into play.. And NO, that does not mean I have feelings for the receptionist

Suddenly, my mentor is calling me. I spend the afternoon trying to figure out how to make my office a better place to work in to increase productivity. I had a few ideas of my own which I put forth such as ‘Soothing’ Music (If that were to be materialize, Metallica and Slayer were on the 'soothing' list for sure), recreation chamber in the block where we work, all of which were instantaneously shot down like a pack of ducks gone shitting together and hence were an easy target. The ones I did not mention were having a few semi-nude chicks in the massage parlor at my proposed recreation chamber. But, that was the second phase of my suggestion. Since the first phase itself was shot down, I did not get a chance to emphasize the importance and the positive effects of the second phase.

Come evening, Question time. Miffed as usual but, I gave the answer to a boring afternoon question and YAY!! I get full points.

Its 5:30 pm ‘Triiinnnnggg’ End of the day!! Say bye to the receptionist, to hell with the mentor, and head home…

No comments: