Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ah! Nostalgia!!

have been most of my conscious life out of home, rather almost-all of my conscious life I would say. Science calls the age of 16-17 as the age when a guy gains puberty and is the time when the boy-to-man transition starts taking place. The transition is never actually complete till his death-bed though. That’s what I profoundly believe in. Boys will always be boys, believe it or not!

I have been in Belgaum, Karnataka for 4 years of my engineering since 2002, then 2 Years in Surat, Gujarat at Larsen & Toubro, Then, got lucky (??) and in a company very close to my house in Mumbai. The last phase has been for a relatively very less amount of time and am living a life that most of us can call dignified and mannerly. I had never thought against it and justified it by telling myself that I ve grown up now (??) and should start living a disciplined life henceforth.

This was until I gave a trip to my friends at Pune last week. They are residents of Belgaum, South India, North India, a mini representative of the diversified nation to be short. Had a rocking time if I can call that ‘time’ cause I never knew if it existed from the moment I stepped into Hitesh’s room till the moment I bade everyone goodbye. Pune is a very nice, homely place. I can say that all thanks to the support of those I call friends (The word itself deserves a totally new blogpost but, some other time). They live their life like every other fellow on this planet, go to jobs, return, have dinner and sleep, get up, go to their respective jobs and the cycle continues till now and will continue till future. But, what prompted me to write a post is the way they maintain their respective rooms. The act itself is awesome!

The responsible (irresponsible to be exact) and clean (unclean), careful (careless), and tip-top maintenance of their domiciliate warmed my heart. I remember the days I used to maintain my room, nobody to tell me to keep things in place, nobody to tell me anything about house-keeping and its advantages. It actually seems very cute to see a guy’s room in a total disorder. It portrays a very casual attitude required for college life and I suppose so should be the life of a single-living bachelor. Sadly, mine differs since I live wid my family and my mom being the sweetest person alive, I have to abide by her orders to keep myself and the house clean at all times.

Oh, do I miss the days I used to come to my room, throw stuff around, eat in any flat thing we could call as plates, sleep on a bed full of clean, washed clothes just cuz it did not stink and so, we could sleep wid nothing in our heads to worry, sleep till the sun shone the brightest over our heads, bathed only in the evening cuz, it was the time we would go out for a neighborhood excursion and stinking at that time was not exactly the ‘in’ thing in Belgaum. Oh, I soo miss the days.

If I would had been unemployed till now, Pune would had been my residence undoubtedly, the place my friends dwell…

No comments: