Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Little Manhattan

Its a lazy Sunday evening. I feel dead sleepy but guys are calling me for a game of football. Nothing new, but there's something peculiar, I feel light, I feel blessed after a really long time. Now, I dont really remember my dreams, guess the hard drive recording it is broken or its switched off or something. I just cannot sharply remember my dreams, I can remember scratchy details though but still i dont get the whole deal. This time though, I request 15 minutes from my guys and try to think, think hard about what dream I actually had, what is the reason for me to feel this different, this forgiving.


This is the first time you see... I cannot recall anything else than I know that I have gone through it before, I have a hint of what had happened real time. Then my little beloved devil sister thanks me for showing the movie 'Little Manhattan'. Then, the pieces come together. I suddenly recall everything, that wonderful movie, those days when I was a kid, when I liked a girl in my class, those times when she seemed the most beautiful lady on this planet, her smile, her frown when I used to come late to school cause we had lost our quality time together. Our after-school lunches together, those 6 months were really blessed. We used to do almost everything together after-school that is. She used to make my hair, we used to watch evening cartoons on DD (no cable TV that time), I would be the donald duck and she would be daisy. We also had our life planned out, I played the guy who earned bread and she looked after the house, I loved to rest my head on her shoulders, hold her hand, since she liked Tom n Jerry, I saved a bit to get the tape on hire and we saw it together.

All this was saved from the outer Universe, everything we had was a secret. We tried to keep everything within doors. Our world started at 6:30am to 7:00am then from 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm. that was the time that was never mine, as if the divine souls within us had taken control. This was no simple attraction, we rarely spoke to each other but, that silence was just pure divine. My parents left for work at 9am and returned after 7pm so did her's just that her mom was back early at 5:30pm. So, to accommodate us all, our parents decided that we all (my sis, me, she, her baby brother) stay together at my place after school.



Then, her father got transferred to Hyderabad and that affection has never returned since. I remember that fateful (its not filmy) afternoon after we had our finals over, her parents were at my house and they left never to come back. I did not cry, I did not feel sad but, I craved for her presence, days passed and I learnt the art of quelling those hormones within me. Till now, I had never recalled those days but just 1 dream scooped those memories back to me, I could hear her hesky voice in the distant part of my brain, its been 17 years but still fresh. Why was the quelling machinery dead cold now? I am not used to these hormones run amok within me.

This past life of mine ran almost parallel to the movie, I never said those words nor kissed her though. That was so innocient, it was a flow with some mysterious magnetism emanting from each-other. I was afraid that some one might get a wind of it and the magic would end. Well, it ended but I kept my promise.



Suddenly guys call again and I have to go, to distract myself form this present golden flashback, to save myself from the misery that will follow, to hold me from putting someone else into a similar misery.



The game was not perfect, it never is but, it served its purpose. Our team lost 21-16. Guys compared us to the ManU v/s New Castle 6-0 thrashing and everything is normal for the moment but the door to the past has been opened, I may wander to it again though I wont want to.

I am not designed to live a normal life and so should I feel.

Thank you again Star Movies for showcasing the movie.



p.s. I have started writing blogs not for recogniion but for those who read them and forget their time to divinity.

No comments: